Each year, SIR Foundation produces a list of top research priorities, which will be the focus of upcoming research meetings and projects. SIR Foundation asks for research priorities that are most important or where additional research is needed in IR, including clinical and non-clinical topics. This list is then considered by leadership and priorities are set to guide the research agenda for the coming year. This process allows SIR Foundation to make the best use of their resources and to address the issues of highest importance to our membership, patients, corporate partners, policymakers and the specialty as a whole.
Research priorities for 2021–2022
Earlier this year, SIR Foundation requested your research priorities that were most important to you or where additional research is needed in IR, including clinical and non-clinical topics. The list of top research priorities will be the focus of our upcoming research meetings and projects. Information on the prioritization process is available on SIR Connect.
2021 research priorities:
- Advanced imaging to aid with interventions/artificial intelligence in IR
- Non-oncologic pain palliation with needle-based interventions
- Biliary interventions/endoscopy
- Amputation in underserved populations as well as racial disparities in CLI
- Education in the era of virtual learning