The Resident/Fellow Research Award is designed to provide residents and fellows an opportunity to attend and present scientific research at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. The intent is to expose young researchers, who wish to further their careers in interventional radiology, to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting.
The Annual Meeting Research Award Committee selects up to three recipients of this award each year.
1. Candidate must be the principal or co-principal investigator of the research project and must be the listed abstract presenter.
2. Candidate must be enrolled in a training program related to interventional radiology.
3. Project must contain original scientific research and the abstract must be accepted to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting and presented as an oral presentation.
4. Recipients of the Resident/Fellow Research Award must take part in the SIR Foundation Grant Review at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. This includes submitting a one page review of assigned grants prior to the Grant Review Study Section.
1. Abstract control ID number
2. Applicant's CV
3. Letter of support from applicant's department chair
4. Letter of endorsement from an SIR member if the department chair or fellowship director is not an SIR member