The purpose of this award is to introduce interested medical students to the greater interventional radiology community at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. The intent is to recognize the student author of an accepted abstract that best honors the spirit of inventiveness and scientific purity. Medical students at an accredited medical school who have demonstrated an interest in interventional radiology as a career and have participated in an original research project may apply.
The Annual Meeting Research Award Committee selects up to six recipients of this award each year.
1. Primary author must be a medical student at an accredited medical school and must present the abstract as an oral presentation at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting.
2. Candidate does not need to be the principal investigator of the research project but must have had a meaningful role in the research.
3. Research must be original and must have been conducted under the guidance of one or more SIR members, one of whom agrees to be present for the oral presentation.
4. Recipients of the Dr. Constantin Cope Medical Student Research Award must take part in the SIR Foundation Medical Student Grant Review at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. This includes submitting a one page review of assigned grants prior to the Grant Review Study Section.
1. Abstract control ID number
2. Applicant’s CV
3. Letter of support from applicant’s program director or department chair
4. Letter of endorsement from an SIR member if the department chair or program director is not a member