Resident/Fellow SIR Annual Scientific Meeting Research Award
The application deadline for this award has passed.
The Resident/Fellow Research Award is designed to provide residents and fellows an opportunity to attend and present scientific research at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. The intent is to expose young researchers, who wish to further their careers in interventional radiology, to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting.
The Annual Meeting Research Award Committee selects up to three recipients of this award each year.
Recipients will receive:
- Complimentary registration
- Travel award up to $1000
1. Candidate must be the Principal or Co-principal investigator of the research project, and must be the listed abstract presenter
2. Candidate must be enrolled in a training program related to interventional radiology
3. Project must contain original scientific research, and the abstract must be accepted to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting and presented as an oral presentation.
1. Abstract Control ID Number
2. Applicant's CV
3. Letter of support from applicant's department chair.
4. Letter of endorsement from an SIR member if the department chair or fellowship director is not an SIR member
2015 SIR Foundation Annual Scientific Meeting Resident/Fellow Research Award
Nima (Neema) Kokabi – Emory University, School of Medicine, for “Disparities in the Contemporary Clinical Management of Stage IA Renal Cell Carcinoma: a Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Study”
Ahsun Riaz – Northwestern University, for “Comparative Study of Post-transplant Outcomes in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Patients Bridged or Downstaged by Transarterial Chemoembolization or 90Y Radioembolization”
Binyan Zhong – Zhong Da Hospital, Southeast University for “The ANVCFV Score System: Assessment for the Probability of New Vertebral Compression Fractures after Percutaneous Vertebroplasty in Patients with Vertebral Compression Fractures”