Resident/Fellow SIR Annual Scientific Meeting Research Award
Application Deadline: November 15
The Resident/Fellow Research Award is designed to provide residents and fellows an opportunity to attend and present scientific research at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. The intent is to expose young researchers, who wish to further their careers in interventional radiology, to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting.
The Annual Meeting Research Award Committee selects up to three recipients of this award each year.
Recipients will receive:
- Complimentary registration
- Travel award up to $1000
1. Candidate must be the Principal or Co-principal investigator of the research project, and must be the listed abstract presenter
2. Candidate must be enrolled in a training program related to interventional radiology
3. Project must contain original scientific research, and the abstract must be accepted to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting and presented as an oral presentation.
1. Abstract Control ID Number
2. Applicant's CV
3. Letter of support from applicant's department chair.
4. Letter of endorsement from an SIR member if the department chair or fellowship director is not an SIR member
2014 SIR Foundation Annual Scientific Meeting Resident/Fellow Research Award
Juan Camacho - Emory University
For his research entitled: R.E.N.A.L. Nephrometry score predicts early tumor recurrence and complications after percutaneous ablation: a 5-year experience
Zlatko Devcic - Stanford University
For his research entitled: Inferior vena cava stenting for malignant obstruction
Muhammad Naeem - Rhode Island Hospital
For his research entitled: Novel molecular targeting of Necl 5 to prevent Intimal Hyperplasia and restenosis