Resident/Fellow SIR Annual Scientific Meeting Research Award
Application Deadline: November 15
The Resident/Fellow Research Award is designed to provide residents and fellows an opportunity to attend and present scientific research at the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting. The intent is to expose young researchers, who wish to further their careers in interventional radiology, to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting.
The Annual Meeting Research Award Committee selects up to three recipients of this award each year.
Recipients will receive:
- Complimentary registration
- Travel award up to $1000, with other half to be paid by awardees' institution
1. Candidate must be the Principal or Co-principal investigator of the research project, and must be the listed abstract presenter
2. Candidate must be enrolled in a training program related to interventional radiology
3. Project must contain original scientific research, and the abstract must be accepted to the SIR Annual Scientific Meeting and presented as an oral presentation.
1. Abstract Control ID Number
2. Applicant's CV
3. Letter of support from applicant's department chair. This letter must include a statement confirming that one-half of the total allowable costs of the applicant's travel will be reimbursed by the department or institution
4. Letter of endorsement from an SIR member if the department chair or fellowship director is not an SIR member